ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Chris Marks <topher1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Design Library Folder Structure
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:00:29 GMT
Hi Kumar,
To me, it depends on if you are talking about a structure in your build, or
in the ivy cache.  If in the ivy cache, I'm not sure it's possible.  If you
want that structure in your build, I think it's possible using different
configurations and the <ivy:retrieve> Ant task.  In my ivy.xml, I have a few
different configurations.  For example, I have one for compiling the
production code (compile), and one for what I need for unit tests (test).
Then at different points in my Ant script, I use <ivy:retrieve> to retrieve
a specific configuration into a specific directory.

My compile retrieve call looks like:
<ivy:retrieve
pattern="${build.lib}/[artifact]-[revision](-[classifier]).[ext]"
sync="true" conf="compile" />

My test retrieve call looks like:
<ivy:retrieve
pattern="${build.unittest.lib}/[artifact]-[revision](-[classifier]).[ext]"
sync="true" conf="test" />

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
topher