ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Chris Marks <topher1...@gmail.com>
Subject Help with resolver pattern for publishing
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 21:30:48 GMT
Hi all,
I've been using Ivy for dependency resolution for a couple months now and I
love it.  Now I have a project (called data-collector) that I want to
publish to a private repository to be consumed by other Ivy and Maven
projects.  My problem is that I want to publish the jar, sources and javadoc
files to the repository using the ibiblio naming conventions, but can't make
Ivy publish it the way I want.  Here's what I've been able to do so far:
I've been able to use <ivy:makePom> to successfully generate a pom.  My
first publish attempts were successful to the repository (Artifactory) and
it published with the names data-collector-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and
data-collector-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom.  I used a url resolver with the artifact
pattern of "
http://myserver/publishRepo/[organization]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]".
and publish artifact pattern of "${dist.packageDir}/[artifact].[ext]".
I then created the source jar on my machine as data-collector-sources.jar
and tried to publish, to no avail.  I changed where the jar, pom and sources
files were created to a structure that lead to the publish artifact pattern
of "${dist.packageDir}/[type]/[artifact].[ext]" and a resolver pattern of
http://myserver/publishRepo/[organization]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision]-[type].[ext].
This published, but gave me data-collector-1.0-SNAPSHOT-jar.jar, which IvyDE
and other tools would not resolve out of the box.  I want to keep the
resolution of my artifacts as close to "out-of-the-box" as possible.
So, how can I configure Ivy and my Ant build script to publish my files as
data-collector-[revision].jar, data-collector-[revision].pom,
data-collector-[revision]-sources.jar, and
data-collector-[revision]-javadoc.jar?

Thanks,
topher