ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Paul Grenyer <>
Subject Re: Depedencies in shared repository
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 20:29:59 GMT

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Geoff Clitheroe<> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 7:49 AM, Joshua
> Tharp<> wrote:
>> Shouldn't your org be org.apache.commons?
> There is commons-lang/commons-lang/2.* on central.

Yeah, and the one I used is the same as in the ivy tutorials from memory.

> Paul, what resolvers are you using?  Can you post you settings files.
> The ivy.xml file tells Ivy about your project and it dependencies, the
> settings tell Ivy where to try to get the dependencies from.

<!-- ivy.xml -->
<ivy-module version="2.0"
    <info organisation="" module="IvyAnt" status="integration"/>
	 	 <dependency org="net.purpletube" name="goodmusic" rev="0.1"

<!-- ivysettings.xml-->
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE ivysettings>
  <settings defaultResolver="default"/>
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-public.xml"/>
  <include url="http://localhost/ivy/ivysettings-purple-shared.xml"/>
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-local.xml"/>
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-main-chain.xml"/>
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-default-chain.xml"/>

<!-- ivysettings-purple-shared.xml -->
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE ivysettings>
    <url name="shared">
    	<artifact pattern="http://localhost/ivy/[organisation]/[module]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
    	<ivy pattern="http://localhost/ivy/[organisation]/[artifact]/ivys/ivy-[revision].xml"/>

> You will need a resolver for your repo and one that can get
> common-lang i.e., a maven resolver for central.

Yes. That bit's working (see above). If I put put dependencies for my
JAR and commons-lang in my project's IVY file it works fine. But I
want to be able to do it without having to specify commons-lang in the
project ivy file.

Paul Grenyer

View raw message