ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Paul Grenyer <paul.gren...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Depedencies in shared repository
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 19:11:48 GMT
Hi

> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Shawn
> Castrianni<Shawn.Castrianni@halliburton.com> wrote:
>> If you have control over the ivy.xml for the goodmusic module, then you specify that
it is dependent on
>> the commons-lang module.
>
> Right, I tried that. Actually modified the ivy-0.1.xml that is
> installed by ivy:install. It didn't work. I'll got back and try again
> and post the details of exactly what I did.

So, after installing net.purpletube.goodmusic-0.1.jar in my shared
repository I have the following structure:

iyv
 net.purpletube
    goodmusic
      ivys
        ivy-0.1.xml
        ivy-0.1.xml.md5
        ivy-0.1.xml.sha1
      jars
        goodmusic-0.1.jar
        goodmusic-0.1.jar.md5
        goodmusic-0.1.jar.sha1

All fairly standard, right? My ivy-0.1.xml looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ivy-module version="1.0">
	<info organisation="net.purpletube"
		module="goodmusic"
		revision="0.1"
		status="release"
		publication="20090802202349"
		default="true"
	/>
	<configurations>
		<conf name="default" visibility="public"/>
	</configurations>
	<publications>
		<artifact name="goodmusic" type="jar" ext="jar" conf="default"/>
	</publications>
</ivy-module>

So, what you're suggesting is that I modify it to look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ivy-module version="1.0">
	<info organisation="net.purpletube"
		module="goodmusic"
		revision="0.1"
		status="release"
		publication="20090802202349"
		default="true"
	/>
	<configurations>
		<conf name="default" visibility="public"/>
	</configurations>
	<publications>
		<artifact name="goodmusic" type="jar" ext="jar" conf="default"/>
	</publications>
	<dependencies>
		<dependency org="commons-lang" name="commons-lang" rev="2.0" conf="default"/>
	</dependencies>
</ivy-module>

I tried it and after I cleared out my cache and resolved my ivy.xml
(using IvyDE) the only file that gets added to my project is
goodmusic-0.1.jar. No sign of commons-lang.jar.

Surely I'm doing something daft and the correct thing to do is obvious?

--
Thanks
Paul

Paul Grenyer