ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Paul Grenyer <paul.gren...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Depedencies in shared repository
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 18:34:11 GMT
Hi

Perhaps it would be better if I explain what I'm actually trying to do?

I have a JAR net.purpletube.goodmusic-0.1.jar and, obviously, it's not
in the mvn repository, so I want to put it in a shred repository,
which I've managed to do by installing apache web server and using
ivy:install.

However, net.purpletube.goodmusic-0.1.jar depends on
commons-lang-2.0.jar, which is available in the mvn repository. So I
want to be able to configure my shared repository so that when I make
net.purpletube.goodmusic-0.1.jar a dependency in a project:

<dependencies>
    <dependency org="net.purpletube" name="goodmusic" rev="0.1"
conf="default"/>
</dependencies>

Ivy also goes and gets commons-lang-2.0.jar from mvn automatically,
much like spring or hibernate downloading its dependencies.

Does that make my issue easier to understand?

Thanks!
Paul

--
Thanks