ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: checkModified and changing pattern
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 02:52:18 GMT
Carlton, since no one else has gotten back yet on your question, I would ask
you, why not just run an experiment and see if changingPattern behaves any
differently with or without lastmodified="true"? Actually, I'd be curious
myself. The documentation is ambiguous on this score.

My intuition says:

   - A changingPattern in combination with lastmodified="true" means, even
   if the repository ivy.xml file is newer than the cached one, don't download
   the module unless the revision also matches the pattern.
   - A changingPattern in combination with lastmodified="false" means,
   always download the module if the revision value matches the pattern; don't
   even bother checking the timestamp on the ivy.xml (if there even is an
   ivy.xml).

Well, that's what my intuition says, but my intuition has been wrong before.
The only value I can see in the second scenario above (if it even exists) is
if there is no ivy.xml. If there is an ivy.xml, then if the artifacts have
been updated, the ivy.xml will have been updated too via ivy:publish.