ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to specify latest.any status correctly?
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:06:30 GMT
Echoing Martin here. Tom, thanks for clarifying this.

I feel stupid now (and it's not the first time) for reading "[any status]"
as a special flag rather than just a text placeholder in the documentation.

But then do I understand correctly that there is no deliberate way with Ivy
(short of exploiting this bug) to say, "Give me the latest revision
regardless of status?" This goes back to what Martin wrote: "I consider that
being a feature, not a bug."

I believe that asking for the latest revision regardless of status is not
such an uncommon or invalid thing to do and that there ought to be some more
straightforward way to specify it short of exploiting the fact that Ivy
doesn't check the requested revision against the known set of statuses.

I think either "latest" or "latest.*" would be a reasonable syntax. Or
better yet, both.