ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE automatically include javadoc and source
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 16:03:16 GMT
Speaking as someone who had struggled to grasp how IvyDE went about
automatically finding source and Javadoc, I would agree that it's a lot
easier to put the -source and -javadoc artifacts in the same Ivy conf as the
binary--rather than giving them their own special Ivy confs.

There's one ramification to this approach and I'm just curious if anyone has
run into trouble with this. It comes when you need to gather up a set of
files for a deployment, such as to place in a webapp's WEB-INF/lib/.
The cachefileset
Ant task<http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/use/cachefileset.html>lets
you specify type. If you specify
type="*", then you're going to get all the source and Javadoc artifacts. But
what if you don't want them in the deployment?

Now, in the particular case of placing files in WEB-INF/lib/, you're
probably safe in specifying type="jar". I'm showing the limits of my
understanding of the Servlet API when I say I don't know if other types can
go in WEB-INF/lib/. Maybe sar? But that's kind of my point. What if you *
don't* know the full range of types you want to gather up at deployment time
but you do know you *don't *want source and javadoc?

Nicolas, how do you recommend avoiding this potential problem? Has anyone
run into this problem? And I'm wondering if *cachefileset *shouldn't have an
attribute like *excludetype*, although I'm not sure how that would coexist
with the *type *attribute.

See: