ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <>
Subject Re: How to specify latest.any status correctly?
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:22:55 GMT
Martin, I can vouch that "latest.[any status]", as documented, does work.

As for the 2), 3), 4) you cite, I imagine the reason Ivy allows any
arbitrary text to work is because it allows arbitrary statuses and it
doesn't know the full set of statuses at the time the dependency revision is
parsed. It seems like the 2) and 3) you offer are just variations of 4).

>From my experience, what I can say does NOT work is "latest" simply by
itself. For some reason, I had incorrectly recalled that was the way to
express, "Give me the latest regardless of status," and soon enough found
out otherwise. Actually, for my money, "latest" by itself would be an
intuitive shorthand for "latest.[any status]".