ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Martin Weber <m.we...@razorcat.com>
Subject Re: How to specify latest.any status correctly?
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:44:12 GMT
Tom Widmer schrieb:
> Martin Weber wrote:
>> Mitch Gitman schrieb:
>>> Martin, I can vouch that "latest.[any status]", as documented, does
>>> work.
>
> The documentation does not say to literally write
> 'rev="latest.[any status]"'!

Hi Tom,
thanks for clarifying this.

[...]
> That documentation may be incorrect though if you have custom statuses -
> you should really use your least mature defined status name, whatever
> that is (integration by default) (see
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/settings/statuses.html)
>
> But it seems that the software interprets
> latest.[random string that doesn't match any known status name]
> as meaning the latest version, so you can get away with not reading the
> docs!

I consider that being a feature, not a bug. It allows to express 'give
me the tatest revision, regardless of the status' without having to know
what statuses have been configured for ivy. At least when you switch
from ivy's predefined statuses to your home grown, it will save you a
lot of typing.

Martin