ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Willem Verstraeten <willem.verstrae...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to set the resolve ID for an inline resolve
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:40:18 GMT
I'm using the Hudson CI server.

The thing is that, if I don't set the resolveId, I can have two
projects which are performing the exact same resolve.

Ie. project A is retrieving, inline, the '[com.mycorp]-[common]'
module, and project B as well, possibly at the same time. Now the
resolveId for both these resolves is the [com.mycorp]-[common-caller],
as they are both inline resolves. Since they have the same resolveId,
they also use the same files in the ~/.ivy2/cache directory, which
leads to errors when they both run at the same time.

So I'd like to set a resolveId that is dependent on the
ant.project.name. I'd also like the resolveId to depend on the ivy
branch, as, again, it is possible that the same project is built for
two branches simultaneously, resulting in the same resolveId again if
the branch is not part of the resolveId.

So, in short, is there a way to specify in the ant file a resolveId
for an inline retrieve that depends on the dynamic Ivy properties such
as org, rev and branch ?

If not, is there an alternative way in which I can prevent the
concurrency issues described above ?

I hope this makes my problem a bit clearer.