ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Willem Verstraeten <>
Subject How to set the resolve ID for an inline resolve
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:30:35 GMT

How can you set a resolveId that depends on the properties of the
module to be resolved ?

Ie. I am trying to do something like this:

  <ivy:retrieve inline="true"

The resolveId is not treated as a pattern though, so the resolveId is
the literal [org]-[module]-[branch]-project_name, iso

Now for the [org] and [module] parts I can obviously fill them in as a
literal, because I specify them as literals anyway. However, the
branch is determined by the settings file, so I'd like to avoid
duplicating that logic here.

Also, when I would not do an inline resolve (ie. resolve based on an
ivy file) I guess I would need this functionality as well, as I don't
have the literal information available then.

All this would be necessary to support concurrent building of several
modules which all start with this piece. Ie. I have a multi-module
setup, and the build scripts all use the above retrieve task to get
the common parts of the build script. If two modules are being built
at the same time (which is quite likely when you have a continuous
integration server), you get the possibility that two build scripts
are resolving the same module at the same time with the same
resolveId, leading to concurrency problems.

View raw message