ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: Ivy feedback mechanisms for spawning builds...
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 22:28:55 GMT
I don't want this email thread to turn into a CI server comparison, but we use QuickBuild2.
 I love it!  However, it does not currently have any IVY integration yet, but it does have
support for plugins.  If you haven't looked at QuickBuild since they released the QB2 beta,
you might want to give it another chance.

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Gareth Western [mailto:gareth@garethwestern.com]
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 5:20 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ivy feedback mechanisms for spawning builds...

We use Atlassian Bamboo for our CI server. Bamboo does have a rather basic
mechanism for specifying "child" and "parent" builds for each build plan,
however it has no knowledge of the ivy.xml configuration files,
unfortunately. Also, it does have a few shortcomings though, such as not
being able to work out an optimal build order [1].
For now we don't use Bamboo for our release builds, but instead have a
separate Ant script which just builds each module in the correct order.

[1] http://forums.atlassian.com/message.jspa?messageID=257281517

<http://forums.atlassian.com/message.jspa?messageID=257281517>