ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: Depedencies in shared repository
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 21:12:11 GMT
I would use pure ant command line to debug this problem.  The fact that you declare a dependency
and it doesn't get downloaded without an sign of an error is no good.  If a dependency cannot
be resolved, you should be getting an error with helpful debugging messages.  You should be
able to turn on verbose and debug mode of ant to help you out.  If using IvyDE is hiding these
errors, then you will never be able to diagnose your problem.

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Grenyer [mailto:paul.grenyer@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 3:30 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Depedencies in shared repository

Hi

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Geoff Clitheroe<g.clitheroe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 7:49 AM, Joshua
> Tharp<joshua-tharp@alumni.calpoly.edu> wrote:
>> Shouldn't your org be org.apache.commons?
>
> There is commons-lang/commons-lang/2.* on central.

Yeah, and the one I used is the same as in the ivy tutorials from memory.

> Paul, what resolvers are you using?  Can you post you settings files.
> The ivy.xml file tells Ivy about your project and it dependencies, the
> settings tell Ivy where to try to get the dependencies from.

<!-- ivy.xml -->
<ivy-module version="2.0"
	xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/schemas/ivy.xsd">

    <info organisation="purpletube.net" module="IvyAnt" status="integration"/>
    <dependencies>
	 	 <dependency org="net.purpletube" name="goodmusic" rev="0.1"
conf="default"/>
	</dependencies>
</ivy-module>

<!-- ivysettings.xml-->
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE ivysettings>
<ivysettings>
  <settings defaultResolver="default"/>
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-public.xml"/>
  <include url="http://localhost/ivy/ivysettings-purple-shared.xml"/>
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-local.xml"/>
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-main-chain.xml"/>
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-default-chain.xml"/>
</ivysettings>

<!-- ivysettings-purple-shared.xml -->
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE ivysettings>
<ivysettings>
  <resolvers>
    <url name="shared">
    	<artifact pattern="http://localhost/ivy/[organisation]/[module]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
/>
    	<ivy pattern="http://localhost/ivy/[organisation]/[artifact]/ivys/ivy-[revision].xml"/>
    </url>
  </resolvers>
</ivysettings>

> You will need a resolver for your repo and one that can get
> common-lang i.e., a maven resolver for central.

Yes. That bit's working (see above). If I put put dependencies for my
JAR and commons-lang in my project's IVY file it works fine. But I
want to be able to do it without having to specify commons-lang in the
project ivy file.

--
Thanks
Paul