ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: Depedencies in shared repository
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 18:39:55 GMT
If you have control over the ivy.xml for the goodmusic module, then you specify that it is
dependent on the commons-lang module.  Then you setup your settings file so that the resolver
you use for resolving dependencies is a chain resolver that first looks at your apache web
server and then looks at a mvn.

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Grenyer [mailto:paul.grenyer@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 1:34 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Depedencies in shared repository

Hi

Perhaps it would be better if I explain what I'm actually trying to do?

I have a JAR net.purpletube.goodmusic-0.1.jar and, obviously, it's not
in the mvn repository, so I want to put it in a shred repository,
which I've managed to do by installing apache web server and using
ivy:install.

However, net.purpletube.goodmusic-0.1.jar depends on
commons-lang-2.0.jar, which is available in the mvn repository. So I
want to be able to configure my shared repository so that when I make
net.purpletube.goodmusic-0.1.jar a dependency in a project:

<dependencies>
    <dependency org="net.purpletube" name="goodmusic" rev="0.1"
conf="default"/>
</dependencies>

Ivy also goes and gets commons-lang-2.0.jar from mvn automatically,
much like spring or hibernate downloading its dependencies.

Does that make my issue easier to understand?

Thanks!
Paul

--
Thanks