ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From malepati <kumaar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: configurations
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:35:45 GMT

Hi Jorge,
"->default" means you are storing dependencies in library folder .
Example:If you have a dependency called "junit.jar" and when you run the
build junit.jar will store in ".lib" folder.In this context your library
folder structure looks like:

.lib
 !_junit.jar
 !_apache.jar
 !_jdbc.jar
 !_odbc14.jar

When you want to divide your dependencies by category wise you can change
"->default".
Example:
<configurations>
   <conf name="third-party" description="lists all third-party libraries"/>
   <conf name="inhouse-jars" description="lists all your hand made
dependencies"/>
</configurations>

and you define dependency like this:
<dependency org="project1" name="module1" rev="1.0"
conf="inhouse-jars->default"/>
<dependency org="apache" name="apache" rev="1.0"
conf="third-party->default"/>

In the above context your library folder structure will be as follows:
.libs
 !
 !_inhouse-jars
 !     !
 !     !__module1.jar
 !
 !_third-party
       !
       !_apache.jar
       !_jdbc.jar

So this is to define your Library folder structure.
Hope this helped you a basic idea.

--Kumar