ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From malepati <>
Subject Re: configurations
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:35:45 GMT

Hi Jorge,
"->default" means you are storing dependencies in library folder .
Example:If you have a dependency called "junit.jar" and when you run the
build junit.jar will store in ".lib" folder.In this context your library
folder structure looks like:

When you want to divide your dependencies by category wise you can change
   <conf name="third-party" description="lists all third-party libraries"/>
   <conf name="inhouse-jars" description="lists all your hand made

and you define dependency like this:
<dependency org="project1" name="module1" rev="1.0"
<dependency org="apache" name="apache" rev="1.0"

In the above context your library folder structure will be as follows:
 !     !
 !     !__module1.jar

So this is to define your Library folder structure.
Hope this helped you a basic idea.

Jorge Saridis wrote:
> I'm new to ivy. In the "dependency" tag there is an attribute "conf", I'm
> supposed to put there de configuration name. My question is, what
> "->default" means?
> I checked the reference documentation but i don't understand it yet.
> Thanks in advance

Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at

View raw message