ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Garima Bathla <>
Subject unable to get ivy object from IvyAntSettings
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:55:24 GMT
I am currently working on invoking Ant+Ivy from a standalone java program, I
am doing so o automate ivy.xml creation:

So My Java Class looks like :

Project p = getProjectFromUser(); // My Own Custom method
IvyAntSettings ivyAntSettings = ((IvyAntSettings)

Question: How can I get handle of ivy instance (  from
IvyAntSettings object.

Problem : in Apache Ivy 2.0.0 there was a method getConfiguredIvyInstance()
in IvyAntSettings class and this method signature has been changed to
getConfiguredIvyInstance(Task task). Since I am running it from a plain java
class I d not have any Task object to pass on.

I am not saying the signature change is wrong, but at this point I am unable
to get Ivy object from IvyAntSettings. Is there any other way I can get Ivy
object from ivy.instance reference?