ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Solution to native dependencies with Ivy
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 21:35:08 GMT

Jeff,

excellent blog entry, thanks for sharing this with us.

I suppose you want to make a proof-of-concept of your last proposal (mixture of types and
'platform' attribute).
I don't like adding such a "platform" attribute to the set of default Ivy artifact-attributes
since I don't think Ivy should have knowledge about this (I'm not talking about IvyDE here).
But maybe you could make this 'platform' attribute custom/extra attribute and modify the retrieve/cachepath
task to make it possible to filter on these extra attributes as well, which is a more general
like for instance requested in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-439

regards,
Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Jeffrey Sinclair <jeff@cooljeff.co.uk>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, August 2, 2009 12:14:36 AM
Subject: Solution to native dependencies with Ivy

ivy-user,

The handling of artifacts to populate the java.libary.path has cropped
up a couple of times on the mailgroup and there is an outstanding JIRA
relating to this [IVY-600].

I'm finding that more people are being hit by this, in particular in
Eclipse through IvyDE. I've come up with a solution that I feel will
work well for both Ivy and IvyDE:

http://www.cooljeff.co.uk/2009/08/01/handling-native-dependencies-with-apache-ivy/

As described in the blog entry, I'd like to propose a mixture of using
types as well as a new attribute on the artifact named platform.

I'd like to put a proof of concept together and hence would be grateful
for any feedback on my proposal and evaluation of existing solutions.

Regards,

Jeff