ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Geoff Clitheroe <g.clithe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Depedencies in shared repository
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 09:00:08 GMT
> So it appears that Ivy is finding net.purpletube.goodmusic-0.2.jar in
> my shared repository but completely missing the fact that it's
> dependant on commons-lang.

Hi Paul,

if it finds your jar and complains about commons-lang then it means
that the ivy.xml file is probably ok and the your resover works (good)
and I'm willing to bet it's warning that it can't find commons-lang in
your resolvers (i.e., it knows to look but can't find it anywhere that
it has been specified to look).  I think that you either need to
(1)create a chain and add ibiblio to it or (2) add you resolver to to
the shared chain (see below).

FWIW I can make my project depend on commons-lang 2.0 and it resolves
fine and I don't see any errors caused by bad poms in maven etc.

I notice that your ivy.xml says 'version="1.0"'.  Are you using ivy
2.0.0(RC1 or 2)?  Saying version 1 doesn't matter for this file as you
have it.

There are examples in the docs or Xavier's blog:
http://xhab.blogspot.com/2008/04/ivy-ramblings.html

Cheers,
Geoff

1)
<resolvers>
    <chain name="chain-example">

     <your URL resolver>

      <ibiblio name="ibiblio" m2compatible="true" />
    </chain>
  </resolvers>

2)

<resolvers>

<chain name="shared" returnFirst="true">
<resolver ref="shared"/>
</chain>
</resolvers>