ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Sinclair <j...@cooljeff.co.uk>
Subject Solution to native dependencies with Ivy
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2009 22:14:36 GMT
ivy-user,

The handling of artifacts to populate the java.libary.path has cropped
up a couple of times on the mailgroup and there is an outstanding JIRA
relating to this [IVY-600].

I'm finding that more people are being hit by this, in particular in
Eclipse through IvyDE. I've come up with a solution that I feel will
work well for both Ivy and IvyDE:

http://www.cooljeff.co.uk/2009/08/01/handling-native-dependencies-with-apache-ivy/

As described in the blog entry, I'd like to propose a mixture of using
types as well as a new attribute on the artifact named platform.

I'd like to put a proof of concept together and hence would be grateful
for any feedback on my proposal and evaluation of existing solutions.

Regards,

Jeff