ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Roberts" <jrobe...@rjlg.com>
Subject RE: set latest strategy with a property
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:01:49 GMT

So after doing some research, I guess I'm going to setup different ivy
settings for the different types of builds.   Instead of relying on
different statuses, the ivy.xml files will pretty much always use
latest.integration for internal dependencies, but will restricted by the
resolvers/repositories.

Integration builds will be able to see integration, nightly and release
resolvers.
Nightly builds will be able to see nightly and release
And release builds will only be able to see release builds.

Anyone have an easier/better way of doing this?

Thanks
Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Roberts [mailto:jroberts@rjlg.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 4:27 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: set latest strategy with a property

Hello again,

We do 3 types of builds, nightly, integrations, and releases.

Is there a way to set the latest strategy using an ant property?  I want
to make sure that my nightly builds only use latest.nightly and releases
only use latest.release. Then for regualar dev builds just use
latest.integration.  It'd be good to be able to do this without
constantly having to change the individual ivy.xml files.

Can I do this with modules?

Jon Roberts