ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Tom Widmer <tom.wid...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: publish an extending conf
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 09:38:47 GMT
Pavel Sharov wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> In my module's Ivy file I have a configuration (say X) which extends several configurations
(say Y and Z). Conf X is the principal conf which is exposed to customers, while Y and Z are
private confs, they are quite 'technical', so are likely to change, add, remove, extend other
confs etc. If I want to deliver/publish conf X and specify conf="X" in ivy:publish (or ivy:deliver)
task, I'm getting an error like 'Cannot exclude a configuration which is extended'. So I have
to specify the whole list of all confs that X extends so that they not get excluded: conf="X,Y,Z".
My question is: is there any way to make Ivy implicitly include configurations extended by
a configuration explicitly specified? That way I would not have to manually synchronize my
build script with my Ivy file every time it ch
>  anges. Sorry if I've missed this issue in docs or this mailing list.
> Thanks for any hint in advance!

Otherwise, you could raise a feature request to include a new attribute
on deliver and publish, something like includeRequiredConfs.

Tom