ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Paul Grenyer <paul.gren...@gmail.com>
Subject conf = "default"
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:03:55 GMT
Hi All

I'm sure my question is probably answered somewhere in the
documentation, but I can't find it and can't get my head around what I
can find. So please take pity on me and help if you can. I'm
struggling to understand some aspects of the "conf" attribute of the
dependency tag. For example:

<dependency org="commons-lang" name="commons-lang" rev="2.0" />

which doesn't have a configuration specified gives me the error:

"impossible to ivy retrieve: java.lang.RuntimeException: problem
during retrieve of PurpleTube#IvyAnt: java.lang.RuntimeException:
Multiple artifacts of the module commons-lang#commons-lang;2.0 are
retrieved to the same file! Update the retrieve pattern  to fix this
error."

This only seems to be since rc2. Prior to that I would get a number of
files including commons-lang-2.0.jar. If I add the default
configuration:

<dependency org="commons-lang" name="commons-lang" rev="2.0" conf="default"/>

I get commons-lang-2.0.jar in a subdirectory of the ivy.lib.dir called
default (prior to rc2 there was no default directory). So what is
actually going on here? What's the difference between having the
default configuration and not having the default configuration, other
than the extra directory?

Setting up my own configurations:

 <configurations>
    	<conf name="common" description="required for all configurations"
visibility="private" />
    	<conf name="build" extends="common" description="required for the
build process only" />
    </configurations>

<dependencies>
		<dependency org="commons-lang" name="commons-lang" rev="2.0"
conf="common->default"/>
</dependencies>

I think I'm quite comfortable with and understand, it's just the conf
= "default" stuff that's getting the better of me. Any help much
appreciated!

--
Thanks
Paul