ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <sflo...@nc.rr.com>
Subject FindBugs - doesn't seem to work correctly...
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:50:07 GMT
All:

I am having some issues with getting FindBugs to work...

I went out to ibiblio to get the pom information for FindBugs.  My ivy.xml
looks like the following:

<ivy-module  version = "2.0">
     <info  organisation = "Keros"  module = "FindBugs"/>
     <dependencies>
         <dependency  org = "net.sourceforge.findbugs"  name = "findbugs"
rev = "1.2.0"/>
     </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

I have been getting the following exception:

[find-bugs:analyze] Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/dom4j/DocumentException
[find-bugs:analyze]     at
edu.umd.cs.findbugs.SortingBugReporter.<init>(SortingBugReporter.java:31)
[find-bugs:analyze]     at
edu.umd.cs.findbugs.TextUICommandLine.configureEngine(TextUICommandLine.java:391)
[find-bugs:analyze]     at
edu.umd.cs.findbugs.FindBugs.processCommandLine(FindBugs.java:1506)
[find-bugs:analyze]     at
edu.umd.cs.findbugs.FindBugs2.main(FindBugs2.java:728)
[find-bugs:analyze] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.dom4j.DocumentException
[find-bugs:analyze]     at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
[find-bugs:analyze]     at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
[find-bugs:analyze]     at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
[find-bugs:analyze]     at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
[find-bugs:analyze]     at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
[find-bugs:analyze]     at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
[find-bugs:analyze]     at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
[find-bugs:analyze]     ... 4 more

I did some google'ing and see some mention of there being issues with the
pom:

http://osdir.com/ml/java.findbugs.general/2006-10/msg00024.html

I tried to locate a pom at http://mojo.codehaus.org but didn't readily
find it - getting frustrated ;)  This has been a problem for me for a
while.  I had been including all FindBugs jars with my project - meaning I
manually downloaded FindBugs.  However, I really -do not- like doing this
as it should not be necessary :)

Has anyone gotten FindBugs working in conjunction with Ivy???  I've tried
a number of different things to no avail :(

I do use Ivy to download Beanshell, Ant Contrib and JavaCC - no issues
whatsoever...

I am running Ivy 2.0...

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale