ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: revConstraint doesn't constrain with latest.integration
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:22:32 GMT
It was a problem with my understanding, specifically in 2 areas:

1)  The attributes 'rev' and 'revConstraint' do not create a combined constraint.  They are
mutually exclusive depending on the type of resolve.
2)  When you use 'forced' on a resolver, it overrides the specified rev attribute with 'latest.integration'
for that resolver (if the artifact exists in the forced resolver).

Also, in a delivered ivy file, 'rev' is set to whatever version actually was resolved, and
'revConstraint' becomes whatever constraint (rev or revConstraint) was used during resolution.

I think this is a good idea and I understand the logic, but the semantics are quite confusing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Clitheroe [mailto:g.clitheroe@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 3:50 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: revConstraint doesn't constrain with latest.integration

Hi,

I think rev="latest.integration" is letting it include SNAPSHOT.  You could try either deleting
revConstraint and changing rev to rev="3.0.+"  or leaving revConstraint as is and setting
rev="latest.release"

If you can try this I'd be interested to know the answer - the documentation is thin on the
statuses page:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/2.1.0-rc1/settings/statuses.html

Cheers,
Geoff