ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject revConstraint doesn't constrain with latest.integration
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:54:42 GMT
Hi all,

It appears to me that revision constraint is not respected when a forced
resolver is encountered.

Given a dependency on a module "widget" defined as follows:
<dependency org="com.company" name="widget" rev="latest.integration"
revConstraint="3.0.+" changing="true"  conf="default->site"/>

If my fs repository contains versions 3.0.19.1 and 3.1-SNAPSHOT, I
expect the 3.0.19.1 to be resolved.

But the observed behavior is that Ivy resolves 3.1-SNAPHOT.

Why is this?  I expected that the 3.0.+ revConstraint would exclude any
revision beginning with 3.1.

Thanks in advance,
Carlton