ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Including dependencies from external file
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:50:18 GMT

Le 8 juil. 09 à 16:38, Altmann, Sebastian a écrit :

> Hi everybody,
>

> maybe someone here has a hint for me:
>

> We have a software project which includes one ivy-file for Server and
> one for Webclient and also a separate buildfiles (don't ask, at the
> moment it is not possible to divide this project into two projects).
>
> To this point everything is ok,
>
> but now eclipse comes into play:
>

> I'm using the ivyDE plugin and after I got two ivy-files I want to add
> two libraries to build path
>
> one containing to dependencies in one ivy-file and the other ...
>

> In some cases this could work, but not when the ivy-files contain same
> libs,
>
> which happens permanently with libs like commons-collections.jar etc.
>

> For this reason I wanted an ivy file which includes all dependencies
> from the other two.
>
> Things like publishing are not interesting in this context,
>
> because this is done via ant and the Server or Webclient ivy-files.
>
> The only reason for my approach would be to prevent eclipse from
> displaying build path errors.

As far as I remember, Eclipse doesn't complain if two same jars are in
to the classpath (Eclipse 3.4 or Eclipse 3.5 I think).

And actually you can use only one ivy file to declare two dependency
set. Just define two configurations, a "webserver" one and a
"webclient" one for instance. And then in your dependencies declare in
which configuration they should be resolved.
Then in your build we will resolve against the same file but on
different configurations. And in eclipse you will resolve both so Ivy
will merge the two dependency sets.

Nicolas