ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy not downloading src / javadoc zips
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:55:41 GMT
Sky, that is not so.

Gareth, since you're using Artifactory and hence a Maven repository, I know
there are some extra hurdles to leap to get Ivy to recognize the weird way
Maven locates source. If I recall correctly, Maven names the source and
javadoc archives the same name as the binary. But I could be wrong, and
someone else will have to fill in just what Ivy does for you automatically
in this case and what special steps you need to do.

Now this I see you're using a Maven repository, this may not be very
helpful, but let me speak from my own situation where I am in full control
of my Ivy repository and can create and name artifacts as I wish.

I don't need javadoc much, but as far as source, typically what I'll do is
create a separate "source" Ivy conf, or multiple "*-source" Ivy confs. Then
on the corresponding artifact, I'll apply that conf and specify
type="source". Something like:
<artifact name="mylibrary-source" type="source" ext="jar" conf="source"/>

Notice that the source artifact name has a -source suffix. Presumably,
there's a mylibrary.jar for the binary. If you're using IvyDE with Eclipse,
you need to use one of those suffix conventions to allow source to be
automatically loaded when you need it, rather than having to go track it
down. Here are the accepted suffixes:
-source,-sources,-src

I forget if IvyDE will automatically find source with a .zip extension or
some other archival extension or whether it needs to be .jar. Check the
IvyDE docs:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/