ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ross Clewley <ross.clew...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Cache not updated
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:24:54 GMT
Hello Thomas

I was about ask a very similar question when I found your thread. I'm 
also having problems getting the resolve to pick up new metadata in the 
repository even with checkmodified="true".

Did you solve your problem?

If not, it sounds like you've got a good standalone testcase for it, 
perhaps you could use this to file a jira issue for the problem?

Regards

Ross Clewley

Laun Thomas (CI/TMP) wrote:
> Thanks for the answers. Unfortunately, the problem persists.
>
> I tried to use the same settings as suggested below (update=true, forcedeliver=true and
publishivy=true). I also checked the publication date in the ivy.xml file in the repository
as suggested. It is updated correctly.
>
> This is my publish task:
>
> <ivy:publish
>     resolver="local"
>     artifactspattern="dist/[artifact]-[revision](-[classifier]).[ext]"
>     overwrite="true"
>     forcedeliver="true"
>     update="true"
>     publishivy="true"/>
>
> The build script that is retrieving the artifact:
>
> <target name="default"/>
>     <ivy:configure file="../ivysettings.xml" override="true" />
>     <ivy:retrieve
>         conf="all"
>         pattern="${basedir}/build/lib/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
>         sync="yes"
>         type="jar"/>
> </target>
>
> The Ivy file of the application. The dependency is set to changing:
>
> <ivy-module version="2.0" xmlns:e="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/extra">
>     <info organisation="com.acme" module="application" revision="1.0-4711"/>
>     <configurations>
>         <conf name="all" description="All artefacts" />
>         <conf name="master" visibility="public" description="only published artifacts"/>
>     </configurations>
>     <dependencies>
>         <dependency org="com.acme" name="library" rev="1.0-+" changing="true"/>
>     </dependencies>
> </ivy-module>
>
> The ivy settings shared between library and application:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <ivysettings>
>     <resolvers>
>         <filesystem name="local" checkmodified="true" changingPattern=".*">
>             <artifact pattern="${user.home}/.ivy2/localRepo/[module]/[artifact]-[revision](-[classifier]).[ext]"/>
>         </filesystem>
>     </resolvers>
>     <settings defaultResolver="local" defaultConflictManager="latest-revision"/>
> </ivysettings>
>
> I can supply a complete project to reproduce the error. A fix for this problem would
be highly appriciated.
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
>
> Thomas Laun
>
> Robert Bosch GmbH
> Telemedicine Platform  (CI/TMP)
> Postfach 11 27
> 71301 Waiblingen
> GERMANY
> www.bosch.com
>
> Tel. +49 (711) 811-3609689
> PC-Fax +49 (711) 811-51849753
> thomas.laun@de.bosch.com
>
> Sitz: Stuttgart, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Hermann Scholl; Geschäftsführung: Franz Fehrenbach, Siegfried
Dais;
> Bernd Bohr, Rudolf Colm, Volkmar Denner, Gerhard Kümmel, Wolfgang Malchow, Peter Marks,
> Peter Tyroller; Uwe Raschke
>
>
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Joshua Tharp [mailto:joshua-tharp@alumni.calpoly.edu]
> Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. Mai 2009 17:43
> An: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: Cache not update
>
> My publish task looks like this:
>   <ivy:publish
>       update="true"
>       artifactspattern="${o.dist.d}/[artifact].[ext]"
>       resolver="local"
>       pubrevision="${my.local.revision}"
>       forcedeliver="true"
>       overwrite="true" />
>
> I think the forcedeliver is what you two are looking for.
>
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Bieringer, Dominik <
> dbieringer@thegoldensource.com> wrote:
>
>   
>> I had the same problem. I got it resolved by also updating the publication
>> timestamp in the ivy.xml file ;).
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Gilles Sadowski [mailto:gilles@harfang.homelinux.org]
>> Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 17:16
>> To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Cache not update
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>>     
>>> I have a problem when retrieving artifacts from a filesystem repository.
>>>       
>> Ivy is always using the file from the cache even if there is a more recent
>> version in the repository. I tried several ways to force Ivy to update the
>> cache, but none of them have any effect. Therefore I assume that this is a
>> bug in ivy. What I tried so far:
>>     
>>> - changing=true on the dependency in ivy.xml
>>> - checkModified=true on the filesystem resolver in ivysettings.xml
>>> - changingPattern=".*" on the filesystem resolver
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> As a workaround, I am deleting the cache before every resolve.
>>>       
>> I have posted a message reporting this exact same problem. I had tried the
>> same things, and currently use the same inefficient or error-prone
>> workaround. Needless to say that I'm also very interested in having this
>> sorted out (whether bug or feature requiring some appropriate config).
>>
>> Gilles
>>
>>
>>
>>     


Mime
View raw message