ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: multiple artifact confs: wanting AND instead of OR
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 04:22:39 GMT
I don't think that was implemented for my intersection enhancement request, so you will have
to request that separately.

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Garima Bathla [mailto:garima.bathla@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 12:12 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: multiple artifact confs: wanting AND instead of OR

Shawn, let's just say that, for argument's sake, I did the grouping like so:
<configurations>
 <conf name="windows" grouping="platform" />
 <conf name="linux" grouping="platform" />

 <conf name="release" grouping="quality" />
 <conf name="debug" grouping="quality" />
</configurations>

How would I be able to express the equivalent of the following in the
publishing Ivy module and not in an Ivy module that depends on it?:
<artifact name="art1d" type="dll" conf="windows+debug" />

The problem is the following is not accurate; it's too permissive:
<artifact name="art1d" type="dll" conf="windows,debug" />

In other words-with Ivy as it now is rather than how I might want it to
be-how can I say that a given artifact should be delivered only for a given
combination/intersection of configurations? The goal is to avoid having to
parallel my proliferation of artifacts (which I can't avoid) with a
proliferation of Ivy confs, especially when those confs are nothing more
than bogus Cartesian product confs.

Regards,
Garima.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Shawn Castrianni <

and delete all copies of this message.