ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: multiple artifact confs: wanting AND instead of OR
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:07:55 GMT
There might be a way to use the new "configuration intersection" feature I requested several
months ago.  It is available in the latest IVY 2.1.0-rc2 release.  It wasn't designed to do
exactly what you requested, but might be helpful.  See the IVY website under release notes
which reference IVY-1093<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1093> and IVY-1097<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1097>.

---

Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Garima Bathla [mailto:garima.bathla@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 3:20 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: multiple artifact confs: wanting AND instead of OR

Suppose my Ivy module descriptor (ivy.xml) has an

/ivy-module/publications/artifact element like so:

    <artifact name=*"cute-dog-and-cat"* type=*"jar"* conf=*

"dachshund,persian"* />

Now, what this means is that cute-dog-and-cat.jar will be grabbed if EITHER

the dachshund conf or the persian conf is requested. What I would have liked

it to mean instead is that the JAR will be grabbed only if BOTH the

dachshund conf and persian conf are requested.

So I wonder if there's some way for an artifact to be resolved only if an

entire combination of two or more Ivy confs is requested. This way I could

express my dependency on this module with dachshund,persian rather than

having to create a bogus combo Ivy conf, dachshund-persian.

If I had to describe the generalization of my situation, I would say it's

where the Ivy module has a preponderance of artifacts, each of which is

needed in a Cartesian product situation, and I want to be able to use a

Cartesian product of Ivy confs rather than have to create special "Cartesian

product Ivy confs."

Regards,

Garima.

and delete all copies of this message.