ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gareth Western <gar...@garethwestern.com>
Subject Re: Possible to perform a dependency subtraction?
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:52:17 GMT
Hi Chris,

I've recently done this for our webapps, with almost exactly the same
configurations as you. All you need to do is distinguish between the
two confs in your list of dependencies. For example:

Module A is a jar (two configurations: jar and runtime) and has the
following dependencies:
    <dependency org="ojdbc" name="ojdbc" rev="1.4" conf="runtime->default"/>
    <dependency org="cewolf" name="cewolf" rev="0.9.8" conf="jar->default"/>

Module B is a webapp (two configurations: web and runtime) and has a
dependency on A:
<dependency org="com.garethwestern" name="moduleA"
conf="web->jar;runtime->runtime" />

Now Module B's "web" configuration WILL NOT bring the ojdbc
dependency, but WILL bring the cewolf one.

Does that help?

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 4:20 AM, Chris Nokes<nokesc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Here's the confs for a module I depend on:
>     runtime
>     web extends runtime
>
> "runtime" represents the jars to be added to the EAR.
> "web" represents the compile classpath for the module.  Web must extend runtime because
I want the jar set of runtime and web to be binary compatible and resolve conflicts.

> I would like to do the following in my target module:
> webPackaging->web,!runtime
>

> "webPackaging" represents the jars to be added to the WAR.  !runtime means do not add
any jars from the runtime conf.