ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gareth Western <gar...@garethwestern.com>
Subject Re: Multi-module dependency configuration
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:37:22 GMT
Hmmm, so it appears that when module A (the webapp) declares module B
(jar) as a dependency then then j2ee.jar (B's dependency) is not
included. However when I also declare module C (another jar, which is
also dependent on both module B and the j2ee.jar) as a dependency of A
then the j2ee.jar starts to get included in A (presumably as a
transitive depdency, somehow?). But I still don't understand why,
because A declares both B and C dependencies with
conf="war->jar;compile->compile" and the j2ee.jar is always listed in
every ivy.xml with conf="compile->default", which I thought would mean
it shouldn't be included when using the "war" configuration?

Sorry if i'm not making much sense. I've been looking at this for too long!

Cheers,

Gareth