ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From dgodbey <dgod...@YAHOO.COM>
Subject Chain resolver not behaving properly: 2.0 or 2.1rc1
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:23:03 GMT

As I understand it, the order of resolvers in a chain resolver is honored by
the ivy processor. Furthermore, my chain resolver specifies
returnFirst=true. Here is my settings file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- $Id: ivysettings.xml 921 2009-03-29 16:31:04Z dgodbey2 $ -->
<ivysettings>
  <settings defaultResolver="local-ivyroundup-resolver"/>
  <resolvers>
    <chain name="local-ivyroundup-resolver" returnFirst="true">

     <ibiblio name="ibiblio" m2compatible="true" />

     <packager name="ivyroundup"
         buildRoot="${user.home}/.ivy2/packager/build"
         resourceCache="${user.home}/.ivy2/packager/cache">
       <ivy
pattern="http://ivyroundup.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/modules/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/ivy.xml"/>
       <artifact
pattern="http://ivyroundup.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/modules/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/packager.xml"/>
     </packager>

    </chain>
  </resolvers>
</ivysettings>

Here is the dependency of interest:

<dependency org="javax.transaction" name="jta" rev="1.1" conf="default"
transitive="false"/>

In my mind, what should happen is that ibiblio would be checked first, the
module would be found, and the requested artifacts downloaded. The packager
would be ignored. If the process were to happen the way I expect, jta.jar
would be downloaded from ibiblio, and I'd be happy.

However, what happens is that the process keels over because JTA is one of
those jars from java.sun.com and needs manual clicking from packager. An
error occurs when the module is obtained from googlecode unless you place
the relevant artifacts in the tmp directory, which I do not want to do. The
only way I have been able to get my process to work is by removing the
packager that I need to provide modules not available on ibiblio.

Why does the module not get pulled from ibiblio successfully?

Thanks,
Dave