ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Garima Bathla <garima.bat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multiple artifact confs: wanting AND instead of OR
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:46:45 GMT
Shawn, thanks. I think you're on the right track here. Let me make sure I'm
not confused in my understanding: configuration intersections (JIRA
IVY-1093) are NOT to be confused with configuration groups (JIRA IVY-1097).

Actually, it sounds like configuration intersections may be precisely what
I'm looking for. Can you provide an example of its usage? I'm guessing you
might have something like:
<dependency ... conf="default->dachshund+persian" />

I'll take your word that this has been implemented in 2.1.0-rc2, even though
the JIRA issue hasn't been resolved yet.

I had taken a look at configuration groups and it didn't seem like that
would help. To use the example on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1097, take the following
publication artifact:
               <artifact name="art51A" type="jar"
conf="A,*[axis=platform]"/>

I'm supposing that, if only the A conf was requested when that module was
specified as a dependency, art51A.jar would be delivered. And if only a
platform conf like windows was requested in the dependency, art51A.jar would
still be delivered. So it would be the EITHER/OR behavior when really I want
the BOTH/AND behavior. Am I interpreting that correctly?

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Shawn Castrianni <