ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Garima Bathla <garima.bat...@gmail.com>
Subject multiple artifact confs: wanting AND instead of OR
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:19:39 GMT
Suppose my Ivy module descriptor (ivy.xml) has an
/ivy-module/publications/artifact element like so:

    <artifact name=*"cute-dog-and-cat"* type=*"jar"* conf=*
"dachshund,persian"* />

Now, what this means is that cute-dog-and-cat.jar will be grabbed if EITHER
the dachshund conf or the persian conf is requested. What I would have liked
it to mean instead is that the JAR will be grabbed only if BOTH the
dachshund conf and persian conf are requested.

So I wonder if there's some way for an artifact to be resolved only if an
entire combination of two or more Ivy confs is requested. This way I could
express my dependency on this module with dachshund,persian rather than
having to create a bogus combo Ivy conf, dachshund-persian.

If I had to describe the generalization of my situation, I would say it's
where the Ivy module has a preponderance of artifacts, each of which is
needed in a Cartesian product situation, and I want to be able to use a
Cartesian product of Ivy confs rather than have to create special "Cartesian
product Ivy confs."

Regards,

Garima.