ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Benton" <jben...@objectreservoir.com>
Subject need clarification on workaround for ant settings multiple classloader
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:34:29 GMT
I am using ivybeans and encountered the following when I did a build and
clean from netbeans:

ivy.instance reference an ivy:settings defined in an other classloader.
An new default one will be used in this project.

No ivy:settings found for the default reference 'ivy.instance'.  A
default instance will be used

no settings file found, using default...

:: Ivy 2.0.0 - 20090108225011 :: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ ::

jar:file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/jbenton/.netbeans/6.7/modules/ex
t/ivy-2.0.0.jar!/org/apache/ivy/core/settings/ivysettings.xml

I believe this is a bug in ivybeans related to not taking the following
into account:

>From the ant settings page
(http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/2.1.0-rc1/use/settings.html)

Multiple classloader

A special attention should be applied when you have a multi-project
build with subant call, using ivy task loaded by a typedef. Indeed in
this situation, it is possible to pass settings reference to a subbuild.
When you do that, you should take of the classloader. The ivy task of
your subant should not be defined in a different classloader than the
parent one. This can be achieved by using the loader parameter of the
antlib declaration, or avoid to reload the ivy antlib in the subbuild
(place the taskdef in a target only executed when the antlib is not yet
loaded).

My questions are:

1. Am I correct in my assumption that the problem I experienced is
related to this "multiple classloader" issue?

2. How do you "use the loader parameter of the antlib declaration"?

-- Jeff