ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Geoff Clitheroe <g.clithe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to build Read/Write Enterprise repository for Ivy
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 21:18:54 GMT
Hi Vijay,

You could try adding the credential tag to your ivy settings before
your resolvers

<credentials host="" realm="" username="" passwd=""/>
<resolvers>

We have just been through the process of setting up an enterprise
repo.  I found that not all Ivy features are available for an
m2compatible repo.  The thing I really wanted but couldn't get to work
from M2 was build number.  For our internal publishing repo it is
straight Ivy so that build numbers work and I also publish to an M2
repo so it looks the same as our mirror of the central maven repos for
users.

If I was about to start this again I would look seriously at Nexus for
running the enterprise mirror - it has some really nice features such
as being able to index your repo so you can search by class name from
within an ide.  I have seen a few questions posted here about Nexus so
maybe some Ivy users with actual experience would like to comment?
I'd like to here as well - I'm still thinking about running Nexus.

http://nexus.sonatype.org/

Cheers,
Geoff