ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Newsham" <jnews...@referentia.com>
Subject Re: is ivy dead?
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 22:58:48 GMT

I share the same frustration.  It seems that bugs which were reported months
ago have no assigned owner, no evaluation, and no activity... regardless of
priority level.  Maybe a more sensitive way of rephrasing the question is:
Is ivy being actively developed and maintained?  What is the development
cycle?  Are maintenance fixes being made to released versions?  How quickly
are bugs evaluated?  How quickly can we expect a major bug to be
fixed/released in a maintenance release?

It's not that I feel a need to draw attention to the particular issues that
I'm experiencing.  I've learned to work around those.  It's for the
community's benefit.

Jim

The issues that I've run into are:  retrieve with "sync" is broken
(IVY-1044); cleancache sometimes does NOT clean the cache (IVY-1080).

On Jun 22, 2009, at 4:50 PM, Alex Zhukov wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I opened a critical bug http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
> IVY-1087 on June 2, no reaction from developers. On June 15 I
> increased the priority to Blocker, still no reaction from
> developers. Can some one tell me if ivy project is dead or
> developers are not interested in maintaining it any more?

This is an open source project. Sometimes activity is high, sometimes
not so high. Developers are on holidays or have a stressful time with
their day time project. Whatever.

And obviously, looking at the mailing list you are using, this project
seems to be busy and far from dead. I can understand that it is
sometimes frustrating that an important issue is not fixed. But I
think it is not a nice style to play with the 'Is this project dead?'
phrase to raise attention for an issue. This is mud-slinging. I think
the fact that within the period of three weeks no one has commented on
a certain issue does not justify this at all.