ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Hans Dockter <m...@dockter.biz>
Subject Re: is ivy dead?
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:05:37 GMT
Hi Alex,

On Jun 22, 2009, at 4:50 PM, Alex Zhukov wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I opened a critical bug http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
> IVY-1087 on June 2, no reaction from developers. On June 15 I
> increased the priority to Blocker, still no reaction from
> developers. Can some one tell me if ivy project is dead or
> developers are not interested in maintaining it any more?

This is an open source project. Sometimes activity is high, sometimes
not so high. Developers are on holidays or have a stressful time with
their day time project. Whatever.

And obviously, looking at the mailing list you are using, this project
seems to be busy and far from dead. I can understand that it is
sometimes frustrating that an important issue is not fixed. But I
think it is not a nice style to play with the 'Is this project dead?'
phrase to raise attention for an issue. This is mud-slinging. I think
the fact that within the period of three weeks no one has commented on
a certain issue does not justify this at all.

- Hans

--
Hans Dockter
Gradle Project Manager