ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Georges Labrèche <glabre...@stream57.com>
Subject Publishing An Artifact to Archiva From The Command Line Interface (CLI)
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 23:56:54 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to upload an artifact to an Archiva repository via the CLI.

The reason I am using the CLI is because I am working on a .NET projects hence using NAnt
build scripts. Using NAnt means that I do not have access to the convenient Ant ivy tasks
such as <ivy:publish /> and must rely on executing the ivy.jar via NAnt's <exec />
task.

Every sample I have stumbled upon publishes artifacts via the <ivy:publish /> task.
I need to achieve the same thing but via the CLI.

Looking and the -help output of ivy.jar I notice the following publishing options:

==== publish options

 -publish <resolvername>      use given resolver to publish to

 -publishpattern <artpattern> use given pattern to find artifacts to publish

 -revision <revision>         use given revision to publish the module

 -status <status>             use given status to publish the module

 -overwrite                   overwrite files in the repository if they exist

I have started experimenting with the following command line:

-jar tools\ivy\ivy.jar -publishpattern C:\Dev\UtilityClasses/build/Artifact.dll -revision
1.1.1

This throws an error saying that the ivy file is not found. I'm not sure why it needs the
ivy file when publishing an artifact. Can someone shed some light into this?

Adding the -ivy option and pointing to the project's ivy file results in a success but not
upload occurred. It only created a ivy-1.1.1.xml file ( a copy of ivy.xml) in my project's
root folder.

Also, when I manually upload an artifact to Archiva I need to input the following information:
Group Id, Artifact Id, Version And Packaging (dll, in my case). I also tell Archiva to generate
a Maven 2 POM file. How would I set all of these values via an ivy CLI publish? Other than
revision for the version number, I don't seem to see options I can set which would relate
to the information Archiva would expect upon an upload.

Thanks and regards,

-          Georges