ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Georges Labrèche <glabre...@stream57.com>
Subject Ivy does not correctly interpret spacing in project path
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 17:25:05 GMT

Hello!

First of all, sorry for the double posting but it seems that there was a mishap when I initially
posted this message and it ended up in an unrelated thread: http://www.nabble.com/ivy.xml-into-ivy.default.ivy.user.dir-on-retrieve--td23927242.html

Anyhow, here I go again:

Using NAnt I am execute ivy through the command line interface (CLI) like so:

-jar ${ivy.jar} -sync -retrieve ${lib.dir}/[artifact]-[revision].[ext] -ivy ${ivy.dir}/ivy.xml
-settings ${ivy.dir}/ivysettings.xml

Which results in executing the following ivy command:

-jar tools\ivy\ivy.jar -sync -retrieve C:\Dev\The Project Folder/lib/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]
-ivy ivy/ivy.xml -settings ivy/ivysettings.xml

Which results in the following error message:

ivy file not found: ivy.xml

This is because of the spacing in "The Project Folder".

Because of the spacing, ivy ends up looking in the following path with "%20" in it:

C:/Dev/The%20Project%20Folder/tools/ivy/ivy.jar

And of course, the "The%20Project%20Folder" folder does not exist.

If I eliminate spacing, then it works:

-jar tools\ivy\ivy.jar -sync -retrieve C:\Dev\TheProjectFolder/lib/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]
-ivy ivy/ivy.xml -settings ivy/ivysettings.xml

My question is, how do I tell ivy to properly interpret spacing in the project path?

Thanks and regards,

 - Georges