ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Barry Pape" <bp...@netspend.com>
Subject multiple ivy.xml files or configurations
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:04:27 GMT
Hello Ivy Community,

I'm still learning Ivy, and am having some issues working with it.  Is
it possible to have multiple ivy.xml files to be resolved?  For
instance, if I have the following directory setup:
lib/common
    /main
    /test

Can I have a separate ivy.xml for each?  I can't seem to get ivy to use
the non-default of ${basedir}/ivy.xml.  I've tried using both
ivy.conf.file to point ivy to a file (ie. lib/common/ivy.xml or
${basedir}/ivy.common.xml) and ivy.conf.dir to point ivy to a subdir
(ie. lib/common) and ivy doesn't seem to retain the override when
performing ivy:retrieve.  I'm not seeing any attributes for ivy:retrieve
that allow for the ivy.xml file to be configured.

If that isn't possible, is using configurations the way to go?  I've
tried this as well, but run into issues with the file I'm trying to
retrieve not having the configuration.  I'm using an Artifactory
repository that I created.  I've setup a couple of configurations in my
ivy.xml and added the conf attribute to my dependency.  I also published
a new jar with the configurations included in the ivy.xml that uploaded
with it and updated the dependency with the new artifact version number.
I still receive the configuration not found message.  Am I
misunderstanding how to use configurations?

Or am I on the wrong track and should take a different approach?

Thanks,
Barry
Confidentiality Notice! This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other writings
are confidential and are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) identified above. This
message may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure under applicable law. If the receiver of this information is not the intended recipient,
or the employee, or agent responsible for delivering the information to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any use, reading, dissemination, distribution, copying or storage
of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error,
please notify the sender by return email and delete the electronic transmission, including
all attachments from your system.