ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Richard Hauswald <>
Subject How to use the ivy documentation the right way
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 05:17:26 GMT
Hello list,
I'm proud to announce that I managed to build a simple project and my
own repository. But... well, now that its working in some way I'm
trying to understand whats going on. The problem I encounter is that I
don't know the way the ivy documentation should be used. I've noticed
that according to the FAQ a big advantage of ivy is its documentation.
Currently I'm trying to figure out the meaning of the attribute type
of the element artifact under the element publications in ivy.xml
files. Reference docs says: "the type of the published artifact. It's
usually its extension, but not necessarily. For instance, ivy files
are of type 'ivy' but have 'xml' extension". What I need is to
understand the type concept. From what I've researched from the
documentation so far I know that type can be ivy and jar. What I want
to know is what other types may be used. So I had a look at the schema
for ivy xml files: <xs:attribute name="type" type="xs:string"/> - OK,
its a string. This tells me that I'm free to use any String. So there
must be a nice concept of artifact types. But from now I don't have
any glue where to find the doc on this concept. Of course I'd be happy
if someone can send me a link to the right location but I don't like
bothering a mailing list with newbie questions. So what I'm really
interested in is how the ivy doc is meant to be used or what will I
have to do in order to get extra information from exactly this kind of
points(eq question what is the meaning of attribute xyz and whats its

View raw message