ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Richard Hauswald <richard.hausw...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Using ivy to retrieve only required deps and the sources of the required deps
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:40:11 GMT
Thanks for the insane fast help! It pointed me in the right direction.
my projects ivy.xml now looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ivy-module
	version="2.0"
	xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="ivy.xsd"

	<info
		organisation="org.apache"
		module="hello-ivy" />
	<dependencies>
		<dependency
			org="net.sourceforge.stripes"
			name="stripes"
			rev="1.5.1"
			transitive="true" conf="default->master,runtime"/>
	</dependencies>
</ivy-module>
<conf name="master" visibility="public" description="contains only the
artifact published by this module itself, with no transitive
dependencies"/>
 <conf name="runtime" visibility="public" description="this scope
indicates that the dependency is not required for compilation, but is
for execution. It is in the runtime and test classpaths, but not the
compile classpath." extends="compile"/>
master makes ivy to download the stripes.jar and runtime makes ivy to
download commons-logging.

Source attachments are only handled by the eclipse plugin ivyde. It
automatically grabs the sources and links them with the libs.

Thanks again,
Richard