ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From James Mochel <jmoc...@feedroom.com>
Subject RE: IVY ROCKS!!!
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:16:18 GMT
C,

While I don't have the time right now to answer the question in detail I do have some example
code that should make it clear very easily:

I have a project on SourceForge that is just starting out that uses a very simple set of build
scripts AND Ivy to do what you want to do.

You want to go to : http://saltation.git.sourceforge.net/ and look in the common.xml file
under the common-build folder.

The targets you want to look at are:

Staging, Sharing and Release

Stage - Publish the build artifacts for local (i.e. machine local) usage.
Share - Publish the build artifacts for team wide usage
Release - Publish the build artifacts for general (i.e. network) usage.

And the repositories are found in (of course):

ivy-settings.xml

I hope that helps and if it doesn't completely clear things up , post to this forum again
and I will respond.

Good Luck,

Jim