ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <>
Subject Re: Forcing an IvyDE resolve
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 13:27:12 GMT
Nicolas Lalevée wrote on 06/04/2009 05:56 PM:
>> When IvyDE fails to resolve (let's say the repo is unreachable), it
>> removes the Ivy classpath container from the project. With this gone,
>> there is no UI for forcing another resolve (e.g., when the repo comes
>> back online).
> This is a known issue, see:

OK, thanks Nicolas. I'll upgrade to Eclipse 3.4, so that I can allow
the container to remain.

The other thing I wonder about, with failed resolves in IvyDE, is
whether it wouldn't be better to store and keep the last list of
resolved libraries, and only reset the classpath if a resolve *succeeds*.

As it is now, if I start eclipse and don't have network connectivity,
I lose all of my classpath (since IvyDE does an automatic resolve at
startup), and I'm unable to do much useful work. I know this could be
solved by setting up a complicated hierarchy of resolvers, and somehow
synchronizing a local filesystem resolver with my enterprise
repository. But it would be much nicer if IvyDE didn't just blow away
my classpath due to lack of network connectivity. After all, the jars
themselves are all in my ivy cache, still. It's just the resolve which

View raw message