ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Archie Cobbs <archie.co...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to Ivy
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:04:23 GMT
At my previous company we were in the same situation. For a long time we
managed our own extensive ivy respository. In the repository was a lot of
open source software that we used. We also contributed many changes back to
those open source projects, as much to relieve our own maintenance burden as
out of pure generousity. The result was definitely a "win-win" situation.

Eventually it dawned on me that the repository meta-data itself could be
"open sourced" and that's how Ivy
RoundUp<http://code.google.com/p/ivyroundup/>was created.

So if you believe in the principle of open source as a "win win" then I'd
encourage you to (a) take advantage of all the work that has already been
done for you in Ivy RoundUp, and (b) consider contributing back ivy
meta-data for any additional modules, etc. you might be using.

Note you can resolve against Ivy RoundUp plus your own repository in a
blended fashion, so this is not an either/or choice.

-Archie