ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Dima, Alina" <alina.d...@immobilienscout24.de>
Subject Ivy repository and old refactored artifacts
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:48:59 GMT
Hi,

I am using Ivy in a big project, consisting of about 250 different
modules. I am currently experiencing a problem that is occurring upon
refactoring of a module.

Please consider the example below:

I used to have module A (published artefact A.jar), and modules B, C and
D depended on A. Now I refactor module A, into module A_1 and module A_2
and I need module B to depend on A_1, module C to depend on A_2 and
module D to depend on A_1, for example. I change the xml files according
for B and C, but for module D, I forget to change the ivy.xml, and
module D still depends on the old module A. Now, even if module A is not
there in my svn repository, the resulting artefact A.jar is still there
in the central ivy repository resulted from older CruiseControl builds.
Therefore, ivy will not result in any resolve errors, because it will
find the module in question and my error will be discovered only later
upon deployment. My question is: Is there a way for Ivy to prevent this
kind of error, because, after all, the module is not there anymore?

Thanks a lot

Alina