ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From cshamis <csha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IVY ROCKS!!!
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:56:22 GMT

Richard: (et al.)

I'm currently at the reading, crying and testing phase and would very much
like to move to the pizza and understanding stage.  Can you offer any
suggestions, pointers, examples, anything at all that might help me get from
A -> B.

I've got ivy working with the remote central repository (yay!), but I can't
seem to figure out how to setup a "shared" network repository to host
modules that aren't in the central repository.  My project needs to place
modules that *we* write into a shared repository... but I keep hitting brick
walls on how to do this.  I keep finding tutorials that keep saying "yes,
ivy can do that!" but then never tell you *how*.

I know that ivy can use maven repositories, and I was able to use maven to
create a filesystem based repository that I hosted out on a network drive...
which would be fine for our needs.  --But do you think I'd be able to figure
out how to customize a simply ivy resolver to use that file based
repository?  Seems trivial... so trivial in fact, that I guess nobody wants
to talk about how to do it.  :-/  Arrgh!

Maybe I'm going about this wrong.  Here are my needs.
1.  I need a way to resolve our own jars (project1.jar, subproject3c.jar,
subsubproject18f.jar, etc.)
2.  I need a way to resolve "standard" jars.  (commons-lang, hibernate,
log4j, etc.)

I *think* what I want is a shared repository, that will be "populated" by
our automated build system (hudson) every time we run a new build.  Every
time we make a new jar, it goes into the repository, and can be asked for by
other parts of the project.  The 3rd party jars would probably not have to
change very often.

I'm starting to get discouraged.  Can anyone share their successes?

-C.